Regional Opening Day: Saturday, March 30
Regional Opening Day counties:
- All waters in Adams, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Franklin, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill and York counties (County Guide).
Streams on county borders that are part of Regional Opening Day:
- Mahantango Creek, between Northumberland and Dauphin counties. This is the ONLY stream in Northumberland County opening on the earlier date.
- West Branch Mahantango Creek, between Snyder and Juniata counties. This is the ONLY stream in Snyder County opening on the earlier date.
- Two streams in Carbon County -- Lizard Creek and Mahoning Creek.
Time: 8 a.m.
Minimum Size: Seven (7) inches
Fishing Hours: 24 hours a day, after the 8 a.m. opener
- Regular season (opening day thru Labor Day)
5 (combined species)
- Extended season (Jan. 1-Feb. 28) & (day after Labor Day-Dec. 31)
3 (combined species)
Creel limits apply to the majority of trout fishing waters (inland waters). Other rules apply for Special Regulation Areas. Anglers should consult the Summary of PA Fishing Laws and Regulations, distributed free with their licenses, for more details.
NEW JERSEY TROUT SEASON OPENS APRIL 6!
TROUT STOCKING HOTLINE: 609-633-6765